Saturday, February 28, 2009

where and doing what!











For one week that i have been leaving in this small village called Nicane, in Mozambique! Nicane is situated at Itoculo district, Nampula region. For the most interested these are the coordinates: S 14º44.800 E040º15.382 (at least is what is written in paper fixed at the wall). If everything goes alright the plan is to stay here for the next 6 months. During this time I’m going to work with local staff from TAZAMO. TAZAMO is a community development program, which is taking place in 3 different African countries, TAnzania, ZAnbia and MOzambique. This program is mainly founded by Connect International (http://www.connectinternational.nl/) for how I work as volunteer. In each of the 3 countries there is a local organization that leads the work, in the case of Mozambique is ADPP (Ajuda De Povo para Povo). In Mozambique the work is concentrated in the region of Itoculo where ADPP has the caju center and a bit in the surroundings of Monapo. We are talking of 56 villages and 130.000 beneficiaries. The work is manly focused on water, held and pre-schools. At the day by day I talk about water, water filters, wells, rope pumps, mechanical pumps, garbage pits, tipe-tape, diaria, colera, malaria, schools under a tree, tooth brush mad of a tree branch…. When I arrived here and looked to this reality with my eyes I got shocked, did read reports, watched movies, saw pictures and heard stories about this… Every minute is time to discover something new, can be good or bad we never know… The TAZAMO staff has big expectation about me I hope to don’t disappoint them and to help them!!! Seeing this reality is not so easy to use the famous expression: “is tricky but we will manage!” But let’s work and see what happen, I will do my best to manage it :P

No comments:

Post a Comment