Monday, March 16, 2009

Market Februry the 7th






















On Saturday there was a lot of movement at my street… I did see passing 5 “chapas” ( pick-ups, the local public transports) completely packed, which is not normal for regular day! Eurico told me that was the 7th of april market…. Starnge! Here everything is delayed… we are just in March… the he told me that 7th of April is one village close by where there is market every Sunday. But because is the event of the villages surroundings the people starts going the day before to get the best spot! On Sunday Eurico was spouse to guard my house during the day but instead we decide to go shopping at that famous market! Nico, our dog would be the guard for a bit! On Sunday at 7 o’clock Eurico was already calling me at the window form my room, I don’t have glass or such thing, only a net for the mosquito… “Mr Luis, awake? Lets go market?” we went by motorbike to make it easier… was already faking hot and the road full of people! Lots of them were bring things to seal over there, was nice to see all those diferente products but also the way that they carry and pack the things….But I really need to keep one eye on the road that more like a trial track!! Soon I got ther everybody was looking to me … I was the only “Mucunha” (the white . in macua) everybody was talking about the mucunha, really bad feeling… Eurico used is contacts to make sure that no one would still the motorbike or gasoline from it! The market… like in other markets of the world , there are several products for sale… this one was not different… fruit, dry fish, salt, flour, brad, cooking oil (in coca-cola bottles), cloths, wood, furniture, spear parts for bikes, snacks and “refrescos” (cold drinks). There were also services, sharpening tools like machetes, fixing bikes, fixing clothes… But something was intriguing… there were no vegetables… most of times I don’t see them here in normal markets for sail… according with Eurico vegetables don’t make your stomach full, and if your family don’t have so much to eat… Ups I forgot, I did see meat for sail! There was gout meet, the head was there to prove it! All the meat in the floor on top of a fabric… there also flies, lot of them, they were included in the price! There were also some chickens, the chickens for sale are always alive, but we never know… sometimes I do understand de vegetarians… There was also a cinema there… but I will leave it for another time, needed To Go home to make some lunch…

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I hope this will change your eating habits and turn u into a vegetarian ;-D and that you'll keep it when u r back :-P
    Luis rulezzz!! :-) Ahh btw post some pics from nico and (of course) don't forget my giraffe :-P
    Take care and continue sending us your posts.. we'll be here to read them! Big hug! xx

    ReplyDelete